Monday, June 25, 2007

Tag...I'm It Too

The Rules are:
-Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
-The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
-At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


Jill tagged those in her blog roll, so I figured I'd take a stab at it: Here are 8 random factoids about me. I could go on and on, but these are just the 1st 8 that popped into my head:

1 - I really, really want to write a book one day - a novel - something I'd want to read when laying on the beach. Have wanted to be a writer since 5th grade when I aced a creative writing test. Alas, I have no ideas, and I'm not really a great writer, so no book yet. But maybe one day something will come together. I'm so jealous of people like JK Rowling who have all those ideas up there in their heads.

2 - I've always felt like I was meant for more. That sounds kind of odd, but I feel like I always fall short of my true potential. Like my sis, I am good at things, but stop before I get great. I conquer things to point of mediocrity, then move on to the next. I hate this about me. I really think God can do some really cool things in and through me if I'd just open up and let him. Can't explain this one, but I've just always felt this way.

3 - I married my husband because I met his mom first and decided I wanted her as a mother in law. Before I even met him I told many people I was going to marry him, and I was not joking. Lucky for me, he ended up being lovable.

4 - I worry that one day when I have kids, I won't like being a mom and will think that all of the trying and the pain of loss was not worth it.

5 - I LOVE food. Real food. Hot food. Give me a burger and fries over cake or cookies any day.

6 - I had my belly button pierced when I was 20. It got kind of infected a few months later and I let it close up, but I still have the scars from it. Maybe one day I'll redo it and be that old lady with a belly button ring.

7 - My favorite tv show of all time is My So Called Life. It only lasted a season but I was Angela, I wanted to be Rayanne and I loved Jordan. Actually....let me rephrase that - I AM Angela, I still want to be as cool as Rayanne and I love Jordan Cattalano still to this day. I hate that the show ended and I will never know what happened with all of them.

8 - I pick at my cuticles. Very bad habit. When I get stressed, I pick more and I end up picking to the point of bleeding. I guess it's just a nervous quirk thing I do - I dont' even realize I do it.

2 comments:

jill b said...

Yay! I feel like I should tell you, "good job!" or something.

And about #4, you'll love being a mom, you'll be an awesome mom and if (no - when, haha) you have one of those days where you want to send your children away somewhere, you can send them to my house for a couple hours while you polish off a bottle of wine. That would qualify under those ammendments, too, I think ;)

Anonymous said...

I too loved My So Called Life! Why do good shows like that disappear?
Oh, and when you become a mom you will love every minute of it, even the gross and draining stuff. Don't worry about that part. God gives you love you could never have on your own.